Organize and Consign for Fall! Organize your space and consign your tired furniture. Get organized now and enjoy your new fall look and furniture makeover.
Do you want to organize a room or even your entire house? Have you grown tired of your furniture and want a change? If you are ready to organize and change the look of a room, start here with some great tips for consigning furniture.
Did you know that deciding to make a furniture change in a room and consigning furniture is a great way to make some extra money? This money can be put towards the purchase of several fresh and new pieces.
GOWB + CO has a signature program called “Turn Your Discards to Dollars” and has worked with Turn Style Consignment to help clients consign their furniture and earn some extra cash. These are some great tips from Turn Style Consignment to ensure your furniture is in good condition and ready to sell.
- Important Questions to Ask Yourself
- Would I want to buy this?
- Are there holes that need repairing or untreatable stains?
- Consider donating any furniture that is not suitable for consignment or resale.
- Clean and Prepare Furniture for Sale
- Every piece of furniture has unique cleaning requirements.
- For example, a piece of upholstered furniture must be vacuumed thoroughly.
- Next, check the furniture for tags that have one of the following codes and clean accordingly:
- W: Use a water-based detergent to clean
- S: Use a dry cleaning solvent to clean
- WS: Use either water-based or dry solvent to clean
- X: The fabric must be professionally cleaned
- For wood furniture, look for specific cleaning instructions for the specific type of wood finish. For general cleaning, use a sponge to gently clean with a mix of water and mild laundry detergent.
- If the furniture piece still requires additional cleaning, use a soft rag with a mix of lemon oil and water and to remove the remaining dirt.
- Remove Unwanted Odors
- Ensure that your upholstered piece is fresh smelling.
- Baking soda works great to remove any unwanted odors. Sprinkle over the upholstered piece of furniture and leave it sit overnight.
- Finish by vacuuming the entire piece the next day and be sure to get under cushions and between cracks.
- A mixture of vinegar and water may also help to remove odors but the vinegar smell may linger for a short time.
- Ready, Set, Sell
- Now the furniture is clean and ready to sell.
- Next decide if you want to take the furniture to the consignment store or have it picked up and delivered for a fee.
- Consider contacting your nearest Turn Style if you have any questions about this process! http://turnstyleconsign.com
Just think you now are on your way to a more organized space with a fresh new look. Don’t stop now and get the organizing “bug” to continue with the rest of your home, office and spaces. Enjoy your newly organized space and the extra cash for your decor budget!
During this month of giving thanks, I am grateful for all of my GOWB + CO subscribers, clients, friends and family who find value in my organizing resources and services. Happy Fall to you and your families!